Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20

Thread: JJK Football

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member footballfanjjk's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 4th, 2005
    Posts
    11
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    JJK Football

    I was wondering what all of you think about the Indians this year. There hasn't been much talk about them, or football in general on these boards since last year. So I was wonderding what you guys thought. Personally, I look for them to go 6-4. They have a bunch of seniors and alot of young BUT experienced talent. I have talked to some of them, but I've paid attention to them at weightlifting and things when I would pass by. Most of them have gotten bigger and there are a BUNCH of vocal seniors.

    They just overall have a better energy to them then I have seen in years. I'm not saying they are going to break this one open, but they just seem like they have a deeper confidence and intensity. My son was telling me more about them, and as I watch the seniors they are leading like they should. They show it in the way they lift and run as well. JLR is as vocal as some, known him a long time and he does well. EVERY one of them are getting stronger, and the will to get better.

    I'm biased to The Indians because I graduated from there, but I was wondering what all of you thought. Granted, its all nothing until they show it on the field this season. And I am by no means taking anything away to the other hard working teams in the LPD. I just wonder what the rest of you believe?

  2. #2
    Inactive Member SWVA-Football's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 20th, 2005
    Posts
    4,965
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: JJK Football

    All I can do is wish them the best of luck and hope that things go better for them this year.

    I haven't heard much about them either, so I'm not sure what they'll be bringing to the table this year.
    Officially retired

  3. #3
    Inactive Member StateChamps92's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 27th, 2004
    Posts
    367
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: JJK Football

    I'm looking forward to seeing how the indians do. B.I. has been working hard to get these kids competetive. They have 53 kids out this year. I'm excited. Some of the kids I have coached are coming up and should make some noise. I look for an upset this year. They are hungry.
    "Do or do not, there is no try"...Yoda

  4. #4
    Inactive Member imported_juggernaut28's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 23rd, 2004
    Posts
    941
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: JJK Football

    I would like to see wise go 6-4 or better myself. They do have a good group of kids that really want to show they can do better than in the past 2yrs. I have heard rumors from kids in wise that if BI don't have atleast a 5-5 this year then they are replacing him. I don't know if that is even true, I am not starting a rumor here that is just what was told to me by a junior at JJK. I wish them the best this year and hope they open the eyes of all unbelievers.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member footballfanjjk's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 4th, 2005
    Posts
    11
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: JJK Football

    [ QUOTE ]
    I have heard rumors from kids in wise that if BI don't have atleast a 5-5 this year then they are replacing him.

    [/ QUOTE ]

    Coach Salyers has alot of people who don't support him because of his last two seasons. But, Coach BI Salyers is good to his players. He teaches them what they need to do to win, it is the players choice if they do or not. Most of the seniors last year were still in protest of the departure of Coach Kevin Saunders. Granted, Saunders was a good coach with alot of wins under his name. But I think the last few of protesters have graduated. All the players there including the seniors believe in Coach Salyers and I believe Coach salyers believes in his boys. They are hungry, they are vocal, and by what some of them told me.. they can't wait for any contact they can have on the football field. Even if its a hard hitting two-a-day practice, they are hungry for it. I wish them well. As for what you said there, that would be a HUGE mistake. He is a good coach, and he will turn this thing around this season.. JJK and Wise just needs to understand, It takes longer than a nights rest to change things.. it takes time. Wise's problem? they have had a losing mentality for years.. and will continue. They have a problem with support as well. Notice last year, the first game the stadium was packed. after a few games were lost people stopped coming. I hope this isn't true for Coach Salyers, but i don't think you are going to have to worry. I think these boys are hungry for a turn around.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Unchained's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2005
    Location
    Norton, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    7,249
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: JJK Football

    I agree with that-good post. I will say that I have heard several folks from Wise say that they are looking forward to football season this year for the first time since Saunders left. B.I. has a little more to work with this year (next year he'll have more). The Injuns may be one of those darkhorses/the team that if you look past , you'll get beat.
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
    Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future

  7. #7
    Inactive Member imported_MoonlightGraham's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 6th, 2004
    Posts
    2,142
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: JJK Football

    comin from a former indian let me give you a lil advice for postin on the forum. unplug your keyboard. seriuosly. no one wants to hear how hard you guys are workin, or how strong, or how we are going to go 6-4 or 5-5.

    it really doesnt matter what everyone thinks. all that matters at this point in the year is that you get the numbers out at the weight room and you guys start getting ready for the preseason both physically and mentally. the coaches will do there part to get you guys ready and the rest is literally in your hands. we need a few leaders on this team to step up.

    respect is not earned on some message board it is earned in between in the lines on friday. as a fan, my goal for you guys this year is respect. getting to the point where teams are sayin if we dont prepare to play kelly this week they will beat us.

    Kelly Football
    The Respect is back.
    Next comes Fear.
    [img]http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i42/stinmeister/untitled-2.jpg[/img]

  8. #8
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: JJK Football

    6-4? What 6 teams do you possible think they could beat?
    0-10 maybe 1-9.

  9. #9
    Inactive Member 6_4_3's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 21st, 2005
    Posts
    17
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: JJK Football

    Cody Bentley is coming out this year.

  10. #10
    Inactive Member imported_trio's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 2nd, 2004
    Posts
    1,341
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: JJK Football

    What position do you think he will play?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •